Snow Falling is the first novel by Jane Villanueva.
Jane begins determinedly writing her first novel as part of her graduate thesis, centred around her Abuela's family history in Venezuela. Following the death of her husband, Michael, Jane changes her story to one about her and Michael, with a happy ending.
Snow Falling is a sweeping historical romance set in 1902 Miami—a time of railroad tycoons, hotel booms, and exciting expansion for the Magic City. Working at the lavish Regal Sol hotel and newly engaged to Pinkerton Detective Martin Cadden, Josephine Galena Valencia has big dreams for her future. Then, a figure from her past reemerges to change her life forever: the hotel’s dapper owner, railroad tycoon Rake Solvino. The captivating robber baron sets her heart aflame once more, leading to a champagne-fueled night together. But when their indiscretion results in an unexpected complication, Josephine struggles to decide whether her heart truly belongs with heroic Martin or dashing Rake.
Meanwhile, in an effort to capture an elusive crime lord terrorizing the city, Detective Cadden scours the back alleys of the Magic City, tracking the nefarious villain to the Regal Sol and discovering a surprising connection to the Solvino family. However, just when it looks like Josephine’s true heart’s desire is clear, danger strikes. Will her dreams for the future dissolve like so much falling snow or might Josephine finally get the happy ever after she’s been dreaming of for so long?
In real life, the novel was actually commissioned and written by author Caridad Piñero and published by Adams Media on November 14, 2017.
The book received a negative review from the biggest romance novel reviewer, which had Jane very sour on her future as a writer.
- “BRILLIANT. MOVING. MASTERFUL. I laughed, I sobbed, I even danced. The best novel of the century.” (Rogelio De La Vega)
- “Jane Gloriana Villanueva takes readers on a spectacular ride in her debut novel. It is a page-turner that pulls at your heartstrings and reminds you what it feels like to fall in love.” (Angelique Harper, bestselling author of Frontier Lust)
- “Romance, adventure, intrigue! Jane’s novel is so much fun I wish I’d written it myself!” (Caridad Piñeiro, New York Times bestselling author)
- “Jane Villanueva’s words jump off the page and make it impossible to put the book down.” (Amanda Elaine, author of Love Under the Bridge (Winner of the 2007 Romance Book of the Year) and The Christmas Cookie: Sprinkled with Love)
- “From the moment I met her, I knew Jane would be a success. Her captivating, melodic, emotional writing can make even the most cynical person believe in romance.” (Marlene Donaldson, author of ReVulva: Locked and Loaded)
- “Prepare to be swept off your feet by this beautiful story about love, heartbreak, betrayal, and the power of passion. Villanueva’s debut is a true standout.” (Deirdre Shaw, author of Love or Something Like It)