SLEEP TRAINING — Jane's (Gina Rodriguez) latest parenting obstacle is sleep training Mateo, a struggle that has the Villanueva woman divided on what is the best method. At the same time, she is beginning her new job as a TA and is faced with a class full of basketball players looking for an easy A. Petra (Yael Grobglas) confesses all to Rafael (Justin Baldoni) and is determined to put her mother away for good. Rogelio's (Jaime Camil) mother Liliana (guest star Rita Moreno) comes for a visit and reveals a 40 year old family secret. Meanwhile, Michael (Brett Dier) discovers the truth about Luisa's (Yara Martinez) mother and new information about Rafael's mother.
- Gina Rodriguez as Jane Villanueva
- Andrea Navedo as Xiomara Villanueva
- Yael Grobglas as Petra
- Justin Baldoni as Rafael Solano
- Ivonne Coll as Alba Villanueva
- Brett Dier as Michael Cordero
- and Jaime Camil as Rogelio De La Vega
- Rita Moreno as Liliana De La Vega
- Castulo Guerra as Manuel De La Vega
- John Salley as John
- Lee Reherman as Lee
- Fabiana Udenio as Elena Di Nola
- Chad James Buchanan as McBaskets
- Erinn Westbrook as Natalie Tanner
- “I am a survivor, Petra. And I raised you to be one too”
- “Methinks a plan is afoot”
- —The Narrator
- “Besides, she can't possibly be as bad as my mom”
- —Petra to Rafael on his mother
- “Which means you falsified evidence. I'm hoping murder charges will follow”
- —Petra to Magda
- Magda – Wrong choice
- The Narrator – It should be noted that these words will come back to haunt Petra
- Jane meets her paternal grandfather Manuel, for the first time
- Michael tells Jane he has a girlfriend – Natalie Tanner.
- Jane deletes Michael from her Facebook.
- Rafael has told Petra about seeing his mother and she encourages Rafael to talk to his mother again.
- Petra gets her mother arrested for falsifying evidence and the charges against Petra are dropped.
- Rafael comforts Petra.
- Luisa kisses Susanna
- While conversing with her grandmother, Liliana, the door behind Jane is closed. The camera shifts to Liliana then back to Jane and the door is open again. The scene ends with the door closed.
- Rafael's mother is Mutter!!!!
- Rose doesn't have the flash drive they exchanged for Mateo.
- Liliana has known that Manuel is gay for 40 years.
- Luisa's mother stayed hidden, living a solitary life and died in 2007.