LETTING THINGS GO — Jane (Gina Rodriguez) and Rafael (Justin Baldoni) are excited to find out the sex of the baby, but a medical issue means Jane might miss her graduation. Xo (Andrea Navedo) notices that something is going on with her mother, Alba (Ivonne Coll), but Alba is too embarrassed to talk about it. Meanwhile, Michael (Brett Dier) thinks he has finally figured out who Sin Rostro is, but he must try to capture him before he slips away.
The episode begins with a handy flashback that establishes both Jane’s need to be in control of her fate and her skittishness with regards to needles, which succinctly sets us up for the amniocentesis plot to come. Another negative consequence I didn’t mention above is the fact that after Jane’s procedure, she’s on mandatory bed rest for 48 hours, meaning she misses her graduation ceremony. Rafael, however, steps in and throws her an impromptu, quite touching bedside gathering with her family.
Alba is in a hurry to get to her physical therapy appointment this week, only to be in a hurry to leave once Xo realizes she has something like a gentleman suitor (played by Cheech Marin) on site. Xo is thrilled to think that her mother might be on the verge of a new relationship, but Alba refuses to discuss it, leading Xo to inquire why Alba hasn’t dated after the death of her husband. Alba says that her deceased husband deserved that much, but Xo assures her that what her father would really want is for Alba not to shut herself off to the possibility of love.
Rogelio spends his time bumming around the house, alternately online shopping and avoiding calls from his agent, but primarily being a pest. Xo, sympathetic but tiring of him being underfoot, strongly encourages him to go out on auditions, telling him that he owes it to his fans, even when things don’t go as planned. She exhorts him to find that version of himself that worked so hard for so long to become the star that he is. Her belief in him pays off when he snags an offer as the lead of a new telenovela. Sadly, the role would require Rogelio to relocate to Mexico for no less than 18 months, and the two are unsettled by the prospect.
Petra and Lachlan are preparing to finally leave town, but not before Lachlan sits down with Rafael, informing him that his father, before disappearing, was considering selling off part of the hotel because of the business’s dire financial straits, encouraging Rafael to follow through on the sale. Rafael agrees to consider it but struggles to think about anything other than Jane’s health.
Milos, meanwhile, is still anxious to win Petra back, but she remains resolute in her disinterest. That changes somewhat when Lachlan informs her that he’ll be leaving town without her and wants her out of the hotel, his revenge for her betrayal finally complete. In the aftermath, Milos tells Petra that he’s just purchased a third of the hotel under the guise of a British corporation and is willing to share it with her. Petra, lacking any other viable options, seems intrigued.
Michael and Nadine begin by speaking to Rose and Rafael about Emilio’s disappearance and eventually end up speaking with Emilio’s assistant, who tells them that, although he’d previously informed the police that Emilio had been working in his office all night, he actually spent the night on his boat with his secret mistress. The mistress informs the officers that she was with Emilio that night and has the lurid selfies to prove it. She also tells them that she overheard Emilio calling his wife and telling her that he’d be staying on the boat that night — which suddenly makes it clear to Michael just who the real villain is. Sadly, it’s too late, as Rose is always two steps ahead of the law. Once Rose got word that Emilio had a mistress, she'd stripped off her auburn wig and made a call saying that they needed to move up their plan, before disappearing into the night (via delivery van).
The last sequence of the episode reveals Rafael appearing to meet up with his old best bud Roman Zazo, which is largely unremarkable except that Roman has supposedly been dead for months
- “Can I just arrest him cause of the guy code comment?”
- —Nadine to Michael
- “I personally think that any man would be blessed to have Alba as a lover”
- Since Emilio is now dead, Luisa and Rafael will inherit The Marbella. But Rafael sells off a third of the hotel to Stanwyk Industries, which is owned by Miloš' family and which Miloš gives to Petra.
- Rafael and Jane go to the 20-week anatomy scan and learn that the baby has an echogenic focus, which can be further explored by Jane having an amnio. The risk of the procedure is a miscarriage.
- It's been two weeks since Rogelio was fired from The Passions of Santos.
- Michael and Nadine still think that Emilio is Sin Rostro.
- Lachlan is sleeping with Petra.
- The Marbella is in a crisis. Danielle Sullivan is the CFO of the hotel.
- Jane said that she wouldn't do an abortion if something would be wrong with the child.
- Milos still wants to be with Petra.
- Jane hates needles.
- Xo teaches dance.
- Nadine and Michael figure out that Rose is Sin Rostro.
- Rogelio has known Jane for two and a half months.
- Lachlan tells Petra that he is over her and that she's leaving the hotel.
- Rogelio gets an offer to play the lead in a brand new telenovela, but it shoots in Mexico.
- Roman Zazo is ALIVE!!!
- Emilio was cheating on Rose with Whitney Devore, which Rose did not know.
- Alba has a crush on a man at her physical therapy sessions.
- break (feat. jake etheridge) | REBECCA ROUBION
|season one||1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12|
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
|season two||23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33|
34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
|season three||45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54|
55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64
|season four||65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73|
74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81
|season five||82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90
91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100