❝I'm an adult, it's 2015 and I'm not ready to admit that I wanna be with a woman❞— Rose to Luisa
WHEN IT RAINS, IT POURS — As a hurricane rips through Miami, Jane (Gina Rodriguez) is forced to stay at the Marbella, but the storm soon becomes the least of her concerns. When Rogelio (Jaime Camil) hears about Alba’s (Ivonne Coll) condition, he rushes to Xo’s (Andrea Navedo) side at the hospital to comfort her. Rafael (Justin Baldoni) is reinstated as the boss, but he is soon faced with a difficult decision regarding layoffs at the hotel. Meanwhile, Michael (Brett Dier) helps Alba but does his best to keep it a secret.
|After being pushed down a flight of stairs by Magda, Alba has survived but is unconscious and hospitalized. Jane tries to pray for her recovery but is unable to find Alba's rosary. She surmises it must be at the hotel, and sets out to find it.
Rafael's father travels outside the country for business and reluctantly leaves Rafael in charge, with the stipulation that he must lay off fifteen percent of the staff. Rafael goes to his office but finds Petra, who demands her settlement from their prenup. However, as Petra did not sign with her legal name, Rafael refuses and she angrily leaves.
Meanwhile, Jane’s coworker Regina has found Alba’s rosary and returns it to Jane. Jane tries to return to the hospital, but a hurricane forming outside worries Rafael, who forbids her from leaving. Jane stays with her coworkers, where they confront her about Rafael's layoffs.
Michael and Nadine investigate the tunnels in the hotel leading them to a surgical room attached to the hotel’s medical recovery suite. All five patients in it have been relocated elsewhere, and Michael takes is as proof of Rafael's connection to Sin Rostro. He returns to the hotel and confronts Rafael, who denies knowing about the tunnels.
Xo, who has been watching Alba, is informed by the hospital staff that since Alba is an undocumented immigrant, she will be deported as soon as the storm lifts. She is devastated and allows herself to be comforted by Rogelio, who arrives at the hospital.
Jane, after reading the list of layoffs, finds her friend Frankie's name, and Frankie convinces her to ask Rafael to reconsider. As she returns to the office, Michael, who has been following her, confronts her in the elevator. They argue briefly before the elevator stops, trapping them inside. They discuss their worries briefly and embrace just as the elevator begins working again, and the Rafael sees them.
Alba wakes up but is unable to remember any of her attempted assassination, and she is no longer going to be deported due to Michael's influence in the police department.
Jane. guilty about the layoffs, talks to Rafael, who admits her job was guaranteed by their relationship as opposed to her quality as a worker. He also reveals that he moved the passports in the safe after finding out about Michael's involvement.
Petra sells her jewelry to finance a small one-bedroom apartment for herself and Magda. Ivan frees himself, cutting his ropes with a shard of glass, but flees after Petra pulls a gun.
Rose, determined to find out her husband's whereabouts, visits Luisa in a mental hospital. She seduces her, discovering her husband's location and leaves, giving Luisa picks to escape. Rose informs Rafael about his father's trip to Croatia, and he appears confused.
The episode ends with Michael realizing his persisting love for Jane and shares his revelation with Xiomara.
- “Here's the thing about the prenup. Petra Andel signed it. You're not Petra Andel”
- Jane – What was that all about?
- Rafael – That was your ex-fiancé trying to make me look bad
- ―Michael's vendetta
- “Please Jane, I need this job. I drink for free and it's close to my gym”
- “Please don't let Michael get between us”
- —Rafael to Jane
- “We belong together. And I'll never stop believing that”
- —Michael to Xo
- “And for as long as Michael lived until he drew his very last breath, he never did”
- —The Narrator
- Alba is in the hospital but will recover. However, the hospital wants to deport Alba to Venezuela.
- Emilio is acting suspiciously. He's going to Prague.
- Emilio is planning to go away with Rose the following week.
- Rafael is a suspect in the Sin Rostro case.
- The Marbella is firing people. Jane and Lina fight over the layoffs.
- Frankie, Lina, and Luca are sort of all implying that Jane is in a different societal class now, creating a divide between Jane and her friends. Jane originally got Frankie her job at The Marbella.
- Rose visits Luisa in the mental hospital and Luisa and Rose sleep together again.
- Xiomara and Jane speak only Spanish together for the first time, so the police officer wouldn't understand them.
- Luisa's maternal grandmother was named Alegria.
- Emilio has a house in Croatia – named Alegria.
- Ivan escapes amidst the chaos of the hurricane.
- Jane mentions to Rafael that she and Frankie go way back.
- It's 2015, so Jane and Rafael have been together for almost 8 months, which doesn't add up re: the pregnancy. But, according to the Narrator, their kiss took place in early May 2014, so if it's 2015 now, that is the timeline.
- The facelift x-rays are dated January 12, 2015, the day the Serbian war criminal vanished from his room.
- Filming started on October 13, 2014
- I'll need 5 million for Alegria – the house?
- pampa | GUSTAVO SANTAOLALLA
- Rogelio comforts Xo in the hospital
Notes and references
- ↑ Last appearance of Frankie on the series
|season one||1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12|
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
|season two||23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33|
34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
|season three||45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54|
55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64
|season four||65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73|
74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81
|season five||82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90
91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100