Roadtripper❞— Chapter Seventy-One
FEELING YOUNG — Jane (Gina Rodriguez) is excited about her first book tour and brings Xo (Andrea Navedo) along for fun, but Alba (Ivonne Coll) decides last minute that she is going as well. Things take an unexpected turn at their first stop which makes all three ponder what they should do. Rafael (Justin Baldoni) and Rogelio's (Jaime Camil) attempts to take care of Mateo, while Jane is away, hit a bump, but ultimately might have made things better between them. Meanwhile, Petra (Yael Grobglas) thinks she has finally gotten a handle on the hotel until a new problem arises.
- Gina Rodriguez as Jane Villanueva
- Andrea Navedo as Xiomara De La Vega
- Yael Grobglas as Petra
- Justin Baldoni as Rafael Solano
- Ivonne Coll as Alba Villanueva
- Elias Janssen as Mateo Solano Villanueva
- and Jaime Camil as Rogelio De La Vega
- Iyanla Vanzant as Iyanla Vanzant
- Molly Hagan as Patricia Cordero (Flashback)
- Evan Todd as Jeremy Howe
- The episode is structured with a theme of three:
- In her writing career, Jane needed guidance on three pivotal occasions; at each one, Rafael was there to support and inspire her.
- The trio of Jane, Alba and Xiomara and conversely, the trio of Rafael, Mateo, and Rogelio.
- Jane asked Adam thrice if he was freaking out.
- Anežka is actually murdered in this episode.
- At Jane's second reading, Patricia shows up and apologizes to Jane, explaining that she said hurtful things in her grief. She asks Jane to sign the book and says it's the first time she's felt Michael since he passed.
- Rafael gives Rogelio advice on his marriage, saying that Xo shouldn't run away but they should face their problems together.
- Rogelio tells Rafael that he considered him a charlatan when they met in 2014 and that he's holding on to that impression because he feels Jane and Rafael will inevitably get back together.
- Xiomara wants her and Ro to go to couples' counseling and Rogelio reluctantly agrees.
- After Michael's funeral, Jane didn't see Patricia for about a year until she decided to write Snow Falling and went to ask Patricia for her blessing.
- Rafael is instrumental in changing Patricia's mind, ensuring her blessing of the book.
- Patricia asked for some space from Jane because she blamed Jane for Michael's death.
|season one||1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12|
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
|season two||23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33|
34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
|season three||45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54|
55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64
|season four||65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73|
74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81
|season five||82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90
91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100