- ❝ I wish you'd told me this a while ago, you know? ❞
- — Jane to Michael, about his past
GETTING TO KNOW YOU — Furious at her mother Xo (Andrea Navedo), Jane (Gina Rodriguez) decides she needs some space and moves in with her fiancé, Michael (Brett Dier). However, living together isn't what she thought it would be and Jane has to rethink her plans. Jane makes an effort to get to know Rogelio (Jaime Camil), but when his nerves get the better of him, things don’t go quite as planned. Meanwhile, Rafael (Justin Baldoni) and Petra (Yael Grobglas) continue to struggle with the state of their marriage, but Petra has another unusual plan up her sleeve.
|The episode begins with a flashback to young Jane, doting on her mother before she goes out for the evening. The narrator tells us that she sometimes wished for two parents and her father to be Jimmy Smits. In the present, Jane is packing so she can stay at Michael's house. Her mother says they should talk and she refuses. Michael texts her and says they can't get married without her mother. On set, Rogelio prepares for Jane's arrival. Meanwhile, Michael's brother Billy shows up and asks for money. Another greedy person looking for money, Petra, refuses Raf's ten thousand dollars to leave the penthouse. She pleads with him to think about Jane - and he had been thinking about Jane.
Downstairs, Jane and Lina run into Tom, while Jane talks about meeting her father at lunch. Lina lies and says her sister is on the phone, but SURPRISE! It's BILLY. They're dating and she wants to tell Jane. Rafael shows up to talk to Jane about Petra- the truth about their relationship. Jane doesn't want to give him the baby if he's going to raise it alone. Michael and Jane discuss the options for the baby. Jane tells him how shocked she was about Petra and Zaz. He lies and says he was shocked too. LIAR!
While Jane prepares for their meeting, so does Rogelio- they have very different approaches. Rogelio's assistant takes her to the set where Rogelio makes an amazingly grand entrance. They hug and the whole crew cheers. At the hotel, Nadine and Michael are asking Rafael for employee records. He asks if that means one of his employees did it. He and Michael then go out of their way to out-douche each other. The Narrator, however, tells it like it is - their tension is about Jane. Jane and Rogelio talk about their shared hatred of Xiomara for lying and how they have a voodoo doll that looks like Xo- And Xiomara is being dramatic while talking to her mother.
Their actual lunch was even more awkward than Xo could have imagined. Michael picks her up from the set and Michael pretends to be Xo and gives Jane his advice. Jane talks to her mother back at the house. Jane tells her how hard it is to have someone in their life as a stranger and Jane's not sure if they can get through this. Raf and Michael have possibly the funniest scenes in the show this episode with the narrator translating what they really want to say to each other. Lina comes clean about Billy and asks Jane to talk to Michael.
A scantily-clad Petra tries to make Rafael remember when she was pregnant, and the hat she knit for their baby. They were staying at The Marbella when Rafael discussed cashing out his trust fund for it and they have sex. Michael and Jane discuss the real reason he doesn't want Billy around- and it's because Billy took the fall for him when he was younger. They both were into bad things and Michael turned his life around. Rogelio and Xo talk about Jane, Rogelio comforting her while she cries. Jane, unfortunately, cannot cook and ruined one of her Abuela's recipes. They eat Pad Thai and when Rogelio comes to Xiomara's defense- Jane snaps.
Michael re-affirms that he is in this with Jane, while Rafael gives Petra the divorce papers. They didn't' have sex! Yes! Rafael tells Petra he doesn't love her anymore. Rogelio apologizes for going over the top. Jane apologizes for having unrealistic expectations. Jane comes clean with Rafael about her intentions with keeping the baby. Michael is there and they agree that they will figure out the custody and Raf looks like he could kill someone. Rose and Rafael discuss how he cannot stand Michael- and how he will raise his kid. He questions why Jane is with him- speaking of Jane, her plans for Michael are ruined when she can't find Michael's Renaldo jersey. She does, however.
FIND THE EVIDENCE THAT SHOWS MICHAEL KNEW ABOUT THE AFFAIR AND LIED TO HER ABOUT IT!!
also ROSE AND RAFAEL FIND DISGUSTING TOM'S BODY! And his last words are "Sin Rostro".
Magda goes to comfort Petra but instead punches her in the face!!
Rafael finally learns about Sin Rostro and his dealings in his hotel.
Jane confronts Michael about the lies and leaves his house. Jane didn't know if she could forgive him and goes home and reunites with her Mom.
PETRA IS GONNA FRAME RAFAEL FOR THE BLACK EYE!
- “(sarcastically) Sorry to hear about your marriage, man. Tough break”
- —Michael to Rafael
- “(teasingly) Why is my name on this list? Am I a suspect?”
- —Jane to Michael
- “How difficult is it, not to get caught cheating?!”
- —Magda to Petra
- Michael – Billy's only dating Lina to piss me off
- Jane – Yeah, I told her that and, gotta be honest, didn't really go over great
- ―Ye judgementals
- “You don't have to be proud with me. Just honest”
- —Jane to Michael
- “I have thought about you every single day for the past 23 years”
- —Jane to Rogelio
- “I'm not walking away from you, Jane Gloriana Villanueva. Even if it's not perfect”
- “A guy I can't stand is gonna be involved in raising MY kid. I just don't know what Jane's doing with him”
- —Rafael to Rose
- “Betrayed by the man she thought she knew so well”
- —The Narrator, about Michael
- Rafael lashes out at Michael in frustration over Michael's continued aggression towards Rafael and Michael responds by bullying Rafael about his marriage being over.
- Billy has told Lina about his past troubles, but Michael has not told Jane in their two years of dating.
- Lina and Billy have been dating for 6 weeks, since the engagement party where they had sex in Michael's bathroom. TMI.
- This means Jane's 8 weeks pregnant.
- A stunt double was used in this episode for Ryan Devlin.
- Jane says "I'm pretty sure I just cracked the case" and she actually did.
- Jane moves out of her house, in with Michael and later back home once she discovers Michael lied to her.
- The Marbella has 5 plastic surgery recovery suites at present.
- Rafael tells Jane about Petra cheating on him with his former best friend.
- Jane tells Rafael that she can't walk away from the baby.
- Magda slaps Petra and Petra accuses Rafael of spousal violence.
- There is a flashback of Jane in her bedroom.
- Rafael and Petra 3 years prior, app. Autumn 2011.
- Table read was on August 20, 2014.
- Filming for this episode began on August 21, 2014.
- Petra was pregnant with Rafael's baby but had a miscarriage.
- Michael and Billy used to steal cars and sell the parts. When they were found out, Billy took the fall as he was a minor and Michael already had a record, was now 18 and would've gone to prison.
- When Rogelio was in school he smoked weed.
- Sin Rostro kills Tom.
- receiver | PIETA BROWN
- Jane on the bus after leaving home
- pampa | GUSTAVO SANTAOLALLA
- xiomara talks to rogelio about jane/later rogelio apologises to jane
- breaking | OLIVER DALDRY
- jane leaves michael's and takes the bus home
- tango | JARED FORMAN
- jane talks to michael about rafael's situation
- grand entrance | CHRISTIAN DAVIS
- Rogelio walks down the stairs
- sentimental guitar | KEVIN KINER
- Jane and Rogelio talk on the set/later Michael and Jane in the elevator
- raf and petra | KEVIN KINER
- flashback to 3 years earlier
|SEASON 1||1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12|
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
|SEASON 2||23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33|
34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
|SEASON 3||45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54|
55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64
|SEASON 4||65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73|
74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81
|SEASON 5||82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90
91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100