- ❝ Jane the
Sad, Graying, 30-Year-Old
Who Lives With Her Grandma
And Is $40,000 In Debt
And Is Spending Her
30th Birthday In A Ditch ❞
- — Chapter Eighty-Six
A SPECIAL UNICORN — With everything that has been going on, Jane (Gina Rodriguez) reluctantly agrees to let Rogelio (Jaime Camil) throw her a big 30th birthday party. Jane's mentor gives her some important advice that may help her start writing again. Meanwhile, Petra (Yael Grobglas) thinks she and JR (guest star Rosario Dawson) are finally in a good place until she realizes that JR might see things differently.
- Gina Rodriguez as Jane Villanueva
- Andrea Navedo as Xiomara De La Vega
- Yael Grobglas as Petra
- Justin Baldoni as Rafael Solano
- Ivonne Coll as Alba Villanueva
- Elias Janssen as Mateo Solano Villanueva
- Brett Dier as Michael Cordero
- 'and Jaime Camil as Rogelio De La Vega'Recurring cast
- Rosario Dawson as Jane Ramos
- Justina Machado as Darci Factor
- Keller Wortham as Esteban Santiago
- Melanie Mayron as Marlene Donaldson
- Jane and Rafael break up.
- Mateo mimics Rafael's anger towards Jane and the first time real Michael sees Mateo is when Mateo yells about not wanting him there.
- Jane yells at Rafael because he refuses to punish Mateo for putting himself in danger by running away from Jane.
- Xo is hesitant about celebrating being done with chemo as it's not final until a forthcoming scan.
- Xo can eat dessert without getting sick for the first time.
- Darci and Esteban briefly break up.
- Jane accidentally walks in and sees Jorge sleeping naked.
- Jane turns 30.
- Jane starts writing again and gets her magic realism back, with the unicorn talking cheering her on.
- Neither Lina nor Jane's paternal grandparents are present at her 30th birthday.
- After Jane confirms Rafael's fears that she can't deny her feelings for Michael, he takes a pill with a drink.
- Someone hacked/accessed Petra's computer and wrote an e-mail to Miloš in order to break Petra and JR up by making it seem like Petra's lying again.
- Michael's life insurance company think he faked his death and wants $40,000 back. After giving them Jane's receipts, they end up demanding $10,000 which Michael will pay in installments.
- The show lampshades Mateo being re-cast between seasons 3 and 4 by having Jane show the lady questioning if she's Mateo's mother a picture of Jane and Mateo when Joseph Sanders portrayed Mateo, to which the woman says it doesn't look like him at all.
- Audrey Starr, who plays Shopper, is the real-life mother of Elias Janssen (Mateo Solano Villanueva).
- Like when she first fell in love with Rafael, Jane tries to deny any feelings for Michael to avoid the complications that will ensue but has to give it up.